Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > saving data to a memory card instead of ...
saving data to a memory card instead of internal memory

4735 Views 13 Replies Latest reply: 2015-03-28 05:17:14

•   Level 5   
    (293) points
    46motors61
    2015-03-25 16:28:34
     is this possible has anybody done it? i find saving data and uploading to my laptop a hit and miss it sometimes works and other times does't. if i could save them to a memory card it will make my life a lot easier

Tags: maxisys

•   Level 6   
    (707) points
    hefaus

2015-03-25 16:57:17 (Reply to:46motors61)

I use a small memory card and just adjust the setting to use it for storage. I had it working but later didn't need to use it as mt scanner never filled up to that point.i just send it to my laptop and its done..

•   Level 3   
    (79) points
    FloridaTech

2015-03-25 22:13:15

I had to root my tablet but then I was able to do anything a normal Android tablet can do.  Only way I could get it to work.  

•   Level 6   
    (482) points
    Awais

2015-03-26 04:48:06 (Reply to:FloridaTech)

Hi FloridaTech,

Can you please elaborate? Which data you are talking about? Updates of the vehicles or the diagnostic pdf reports, freeze frames, images, etc.

If its updates of the vehicles, can you please explain what you did? I have MaxiSys Pro.

Thanks.

•   Level 4   
    (140) points
    roberto

2015-03-26 18:43:45 (Reply to:FloridaTech)

I think you lost all cars adds '

•   Level 3   
    (79) points
    FloridaTech

2015-03-26 22:20:47 (Reply to:Awais)

Well, any data on the tablet can be copied to microSD card. 

I transferred a bunch of movies & TV shows to the SSD to catch up on while on vaction.

I would LOVE to know if there is a way to get recorded data off and into a spreadsheet.  The graphing function is just terrible.  Its almost unusable unless its a very short (5 min) data log.  Today I had to log ECT, coolant temp. from radiator, RPM and vehicle speed over 25 minutes of driving.  The only way I found the solution was watching the "guages" of ECT and coolant temp. from radiator while driving.

It should be nothing at all to see all 25 minutes with 4 data streams in an easy to manipulate interface.  

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-03-27 03:16:07 (Reply to:FloridaTech)

you can add or remove any data you want to, i now backup my entire tablet to my PC on a regular basis just in-case AUTEL do any of their deleting tricks again.

once copied all the files you want are there

•   Level 6   
    (482) points
    Awais

2015-03-27 11:04:21 (Reply to:busaman)

Can you please post the procedure? It will help the community. I am not talking about connecting MaxiSys to the PC using USB cable as an Android device and copy whatever you see to your PC in a new folder.
    I am discussing about backup of the entire tablet as you mentioned in your post. Is it possible without rooting the tablet? If so, everyone here will be glad to know.
    Thanks.

•   Level 3   
    (90) points
    jmniagara

2015-03-27 13:12:11 (Reply to:Awais)

Yes I would like to know how to back up all of the car software and what files ?on my
    maxi-sys in case the tablet fails or crashes....Thanks

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-03-27 13:35:01 (Reply to:jmniagara)

i use boot it bare metal partition manager with boot it for dos as i have multiple partitions, with that utility (boot it for dos) you can copy(backup) partitions or entire drives and simply restore.
  Total2 Pages